St luke, north kyme
Of the six Churches in the Car Dyke group of Parishes St Luke’s is the youngest, consecrated on June 7th 1877. North Kyme has had a long history of worship, stretching back to the 14th century, a monastery once stood at the high point of Kyme, just adjacent (across the road) to where Vacherie House is situated.

The original church in North Kyme was destroyed during the reformation. In April 1872 five men sat around a table in the local pub called The Plough Inn, and held a meeting. A Resolution was passed, a committee was appointed to take into consideration the building of a Church in North Kyme. Thus St Luke’s was conceived.

The church of St Luke on Church Lane, North Kyme was built in 1877 by Drury and Mortimer (the old church was pulled down at the Reformation). It is constructed of brick with slate roofs, and has a nave, chancel and wooden bell-turret.